|We are inviting you to fill in a google form:|
|There are 3 surveys for: Y1-6 teachers, Y7-10 teachers, and Y11-13 teachers.
|NZAMT and your regional Mathematics Associations have been funded for the next two years to support teachers and leaders within the Mathematics and Statistics learning area. As part of the support a national and regional Kaiārahi have been, or are being appointed across all regions of New Zealand. The national Kaiārahi is responsible for national and regional needs, the regional Kaiārahi is responsible for regional and local needs.
This survey is to assist the national and regional Kaiārahi to support teachers and schools through identifying national, regional and local needs.
As a result we expect to undertake different activities and supports for teachers and leaders in mathematics and statistics including:
* coordinating a series of workshops to address national, regional and local needs of teachers and delivered as cluster workshops
* supporting teachers' personal development, in clusters, of:
1. content knowledge and requirements of solving problems - pedagogy
2. curriculum knowledge
3. learning progressions within the learning area of mathematics and statistics
* assisting beginning teachers (PCTs) with meeting the requirements of the teaching standards for teacher registration
* supporting middle leaders (HoDs and HoFs)
* supporting the development of culturally responsive pedagogies
* using the Teaching as Inquiry spiral.
Please take the time to complete the survey as an individual, as a small group or as a faculty to assist in our planning for 2019 and 2020.
3. Network of Expertise Survey (Y11-13)Please complete the survey by 15th December 2018.